For many of us, chocolate is truly the best thing nature has ever created. Besides having iron, magnesium and zinc, chocolate offers antioxidants and may offer some benefits to those with heart disease and inflammation.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies
But it is the taste that really sets it apart. After its discovery in Mexico over 3,500 years ago, chocolate has risen in popularity around the world. It is a 20 billion-dollar industry in the United States alone.
RECIPE: Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 24 brownies
- Difficulty Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Creating inspiring flavors has become an art form. With these amazing brownies, those special flavors will surely reveal themselves – and biting into that first mouthful will inspire your spirits to soar.
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon All-Purpose flour
1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 cup (11⁄2 sticks) unsalted butter
3 ounces unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate; finely chopped
3 eggs, room temperature
1 1⁄3 cups packed dark brown sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided in half
1⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, cubed
1/3 cup heavy cream
1) Pre-heat oven 350* Grease 9x13x2” baking pan.
2) In small bowl, whisk or sift 1 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3) In medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over very low heat, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool.
4) In large bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar and vanilla; blend. Stir in melted chocolate mixture.
5) Gradually add flour mixture and stir until blended..
6) Fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, pour batter into prepared pan.
7) In medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, cinnamon, cream and remaining tablespoon of flour. Mixture will be stiff.
8) Drop mixture randomly by spoonfuls on top of brownie mixture. Drag knife through in zig zag pattern peanut butter mixture to create a marbleized pattern on top.
9) Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
10) Bake for 25-30 minutes, remove and allow to cool completely.
Nothing says Home like the smell of baking
Acknowledgement: Home Baking Association
Cottage Core Home would like to thank and acknowledge The Home Baking Association (HBA) for being a valuable resource who supports home baking