Pumpkin is highly nutritious as well as flavor-filled. It is high in anti-oxidants which can aid in cell health. Pumpkin is especially high in vitamin A which supports immunity and eye sight. It also contains vitamins C, B2 and E. A serving of pumpkin has 8% of the daily recommended amount of iron as well as manganese, copper and potassium. Pumpkin is especially delicious when added to pies, custards and pancakes or it can be served by itself roasted, or made into a wonderful soup.
Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
RECIPE: Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 8 inch square baking pan
- Difficulty Level: Easy
This is so DELICIOUS and an easy fall dessert that makes its own hot caramel sauce in the pan while it bakes!
1 ¼ cups Self-Rising Flour (if you do not have self-rising flour, use 1 cup and 3 tablespoons of plain flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt)
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cloves
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup milk
¼ cup melted butter
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
For the topping:
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup pecan pieces (halves may also be used if you prefer)
1 ½ cups very hot water
1) Preheat oven to 350*
2) Grease an 8″ square baking pan.
3) Stir together self-rising flour with sugar and spices in a medium size bowl. (If using plain flour, stir in baking powder and salt as well)
4) In another medium size bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
5) Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until combined. Batter will be stiff.
6) Spread batter evenly in greased pan.
7) Prepare topping:
8) Mix together ingredients for the topping: sugar, brown sugar, and pecan pieces.
9) Spread topping evenly over batter, then pour hot water over topping. DO NOT STIR!
10) Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until it looks settled.
Optional: Especially tasty with vanilla ice cream and extra toasted or candied pecans.
Servings: 6 to 8
Nothing says Home like the smell of baking
Acknowledgement: Home Baking Association
Cottage Core Home would like to thank and acknowledge The Home Baking Association (HBA) for being a valuable resource who supports home baking